- Full Description
XML for Bioinformatics aims to provide biologists, software engineers, and bioinformatics professionals with a comprehensive introduction to XML and current XML applications in bioinformatics. The book will assume no background in XML, and take readers from basic to intermediate XML concepts. Core topics will include: fundamentals of XML, creating XML grammars, web services via SOAP, and parsing XML documents in Perl and Java.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to XML for Bioinformatics.
- Fundamentals of XML and BSML.
- Fundamentals of DTDs and the NCBI TinySeq DTD.
- Fundamentals of XML Schemas and PSI
- Parsing PSI
- MI Data in Perl.
- The Distributed Annotation System (DAS).
- Parsing DAS Data via SAX.
- Parsing DAS Data via JDOM.
- Using SOAP to Integrate Biological Data.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published