- Full Description
Vulnerability analysis, also known as vulnerability assessment, is a process that defines, identifies, and classifies the security holes (vulnerabilities) in a computer, network, or an application. In addition, vulnerability analysis can forecast the effectiveness of proposed countermeasures and evaluate their actual effectiveness after they are put into use. Vulnerability Analysis and Defense for the Internet provides packet captures, flow charts and psuedo code, which enable a user to identify if an application/protocol is vulnerable. If an application is vulnerable, then a user will be able to understand the complexity, and the theory behind the vulnerability. This edited volume also includes case studies where latest exploits are discussed.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Wireless Security.
- Vulnerability Analysis for Mail Protocols.
- Vulnerability Analysis for FTP and TFTP.
- Vulnerability Analysis for HTTP.
- Vulnerability Analysis for DNS and DHCP.
- Vulnerability Analysis for LDAP and SNMP.
- Vulnerability Analysis for RPC.
- Reverse Engineering.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published