- Full Description
This book presents recent developments in systematic studies of hydrodynamics and heat and mass transfer in laminar free convection, accelerating film boiling and condensation of Newtonian fluids, as well as accelerating film flow of non-Newtonian power-law fluids (FFNF). A novel system of analysis models is provided with a developed velocity component method, instead of traditional Falkner-Skan type transformation, and a system of models for treatment of variable thermophysical properties is presented with an innovative temperature parameter method that makes it easier to similarly treat related governing differential equations for consideration of fluid variable thermophysical properties. A pseudo-similarity method is applied for dealing with thermal boundary layer of FFNF, furthermore, with an induced local Prandtl number, which greatly simplifies the heat-transfer analysis and numerical calculation. Based on rigorous theoretical analyses, a system of numerical solutions is formulated by special curve-fitting approaches for simple and reliable predictions of heat and mass transfer and hydrodynamics. In view of a shortage of experimental results for velocity field of free convection boundary layer, recent rigorous experimental measurements are presented covering large temperature differences.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents Introduction.
- Part I: Free Convection.
- Basic Conservation Equations for Free Convection.
- Brief Review of Previous Analysis Methods for Laminar Free Convection.
- Laminar Free Convection of Monatomic and Diatomic Gases, Air and Water Vapor.
- Laminar Free Convection of Polyatomic Gas.
- Laminar Free Convection of Liquid.
- Deviation of Laminar Free Convection Heat Transfer Caused due to Boussinesq Approximation.
- Experimental Measurement of Free Convection with Larger Temperature Difference.
- Relationship on Free Convection Flow and Heat Transfer between Inclined and Vertical Plates.
- Part II: Film Boiling and Condensation.
- Saturated Film Boiling.
- Subcooled Film Boiling.
- Film Condensation Free Convection of Saturated Vapour.
- Film Condensation Free Convection of Superheated Vapour.
- Laminar Film Condensation of Superheated Steam.
- Part III: Falling Film Flow of Non
- Newtonian Fluids.
- Hydrodynamics of Falling Film Flow of Non
- Newtonian Power
- law Fluids.
- Analyses of pseudo
- similarity and boundary layer thickness of the Falling Film Flow.
- Heat transfer of the Falling Film Flow.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published