- Full Description
This book provides a broad survey of advanced pattern recognition techniques for human behavior analysis. Clearly structured, the book begins with concise coverage of the major concepts, before introducing the most frequently used techniques and algorithms in detail, and then discussing examples of real applications. Features: contains contributions from an international selection of experts in the field; presents a thorough introduction to the fundamental topics of human behavior analysis; investigates methods for activity recognition, including gait and posture analysis, hand gesture analysis, and semantics of human behavior in image sequences; provides an accessible psychological treatise on social signals for the analysis of social behaviors; discusses voice and speech analysis, combined audiovisual cues, and social interactions and group dynamics; examines applications in different research fields; each chapter concludes with review questions, a summary of the topics covered, and a glossary.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I: Tools of the Trade.
- Bayesian Methods for the Analysis of Human Behavior.
- Introduction to Sequence Analysis for Human Behavior Understanding.
- Detecting and Tracking Action Content.
- Computational Visual Attention.
- Part II: Analysis of Activities.
- Methods and Technologies for Gait Analysis.
- Hand Gesture Analysis.
- Semantics of Human Behavior in Image Sequences.
- Part III: Social and Affective Behaviors.
- Social Signals: A Psychological Perspective.
- Voice and Speech Analysis in Search of States and Traits.
- Continuous Analysis of Affect from Voice and Face.
- Analysis of Social Interaction in Group Conversations: Modeling Social Verticality.
- Part IV: Selected Applications.
- Activity Monitoring Systems in Health Care.
- Behavioral, Cognitive and Virtual Biometrics.
- Human Behavior Analysis in Ambient Gaming and Playful Interaction.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published