- Full Description
Many challenges were identified in CSCW some thirty years ago, and some of these remain problematic today. However they are being progressively transformed and this edited volume contains contributions that demonstrate how these new challenges are being dealt with in a variety of ways, reflecting the balance of rigour and creativity that has always characterised the field. Originally presented at COOP ’08 which took place in Carry-le-Rouet, France in 2008, the contributions to this volume have been substantially extended and revised. New technologies, new domains and new methods are described for supporting design and evaluation. Taking a progressive and critical stance, the authors cover a variety of themes including inter-organisational working, non task-based environments, creativity, and the development of Web 2.0 (and even Web 3.0) applications, including new cooperative mechanisms and new classification possibilities.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Section 1: Awareness of Work.
- Anticipative Awareness in a Groupware System.
- 'Colour, It's just a constant problem': an examination of practice, infrastructure and workflow in colour printing.
- Towards Regional Clusters: networking events, collaborative research and the business finder.
- Section 2: Work and Creativity.
- Design Issues for Supporting Collaborative Creativity.
- Designing for Collective Interaction: Towards desirable spaces in homes and libraries.
- Between Casual Commitment and Cross
- media Articulation.
- Section 3: Web 2.0 problems and solutions.
- People Tagging and Ontology Maturing: Towards Collaborative Competence Management.
- Beyond Web 2.0.
- And beyond the Semantic Web.
- Engineering 2.0: Exploring Lightweight Technologies for the Virtual Enterprise.
- The Interplay of Web 2.0 and Collaboration Support Systems: Leveraging Synergies.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published