- Full Description
More and more information, audio and video but also a range of other information type, is generated, processed and used by machines today, even though the end user may be a human. The result over the past 15 years has been a substantial increase in the type of information and change in the way humans generate, classify, store, search, access and consume information. Conversion of information to digital form is a prerequisite for this enhanced machine role, but must be done having in mind requirements such as compactness, fidelity, interpretability etc. This book presents new ways of dealing with digital information and new types of digital information underpinning the evolution of society and business.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to MPEG Digital Media.
- MPEG Video Compression Basics.
- MPEG Video Coding Advances.
- MPEG Video Compression Future.
- MPEG Image and Video Signature.
- Audio Coding—The Beginning.
- MPEG Audio Compression Advances.
- MPEG Audio Compression Future.
- MPEG System Basics.
- MPEG Multimedia Scene Representation.
- MPEG 3D Graphics Representation.
- Reconfigurable Video Coding.
- Video and Audio Quality Testing.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published