Windows Presentation Foundation in .NET 3.0
Authors: MacDonald, Matthew
- One of the first detailed books on WPF for .NET 3.0
- Goes deep into the core of the technology in 800 pages of content-rich explanation
- Written by Matthew MacDonald, author of two highly successful books on WPF’s predecessor technology and with a proven track record of explaining breaking technologies clearly and precisely (c.f. Pro ASP.NET 2.0)
Buy this book
- eBook $39.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-4302-0375-9
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Download immediately after purchase
- About this book
The Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (formerly code-named "Avalon") is a key part of .NET 3.0 and provides the foundation for building applications and high-quality user experiences in Windows Vista. WPF blends together application user interface, documents, and media content, while exploiting the full power of your computer.
WPF functionality extends support for Tablet PCs and other forms of input device, and provides a more modern imaging and printing pipeline. It also provides accessibility and user interface automation infrastructure, data-driven user interface and visualization, and even integration points for weaving the application experience into the Windows shell.
Pro WPF: Windows Presentation Foundation in .NET 3.0 covers WPF from installation to application design and implementation to deployment. One of the most detailed books on WPF technology, it provides you with the no-nonsense, practical advice you need in order to build high-quality WPF applications quickly and easily. It also digs into the more advance aspects of WPF and how they relate to the other elements of the WinFX stack and the .NET Framework 2.0.
- About the authors
Matthew MacDonald is an author,educator, and MCSD developer who has a passion for emerging technologies. He isthe author of more than a dozen books about .NET programming. In a dimly-remembered past life, he studied English literature and theoretical physics.
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Pro WPF
- Book Subtitle
- Windows Presentation Foundation in .NET 3.0
- Matthew MacDonald
- Copyright Holder
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages