- Anybody can start building multimedia apps for the Android platform, and this book will show you how! Now updated to include both Android 4.4 and the new Android L, Android Apps for Absolute Beginners, Third Edition takes you through the process of getting your first Android apps up and running using plain English and practical examples.
Buy this book
- eBook $34.99
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4842-0019-3
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF, EPUB
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Anybody can start building multimedia apps for the Android platform, and this book will show you how! Now updated to include both Android 4.4 and the new Android L, Android Apps for Absolute Beginners, Third Edition takes you through the process of getting your first Android apps up and running using plain English and practical examples. If you have a great idea for an Android app, but have never programmed before, then this book is for you.
This book cuts through the fog of jargon and mystery that surrounds Android apps development, and gives you simple, step-by-step instructions to get you started.
- Teaches Android application development in language anyone can understand, giving you the best possible start in Android development
- Provides simple, step-by-step examples that make learning easy, allowing you to pick up the concepts without fuss
- Offers clear code descriptions and layout so that you can get your apps running as soon as possible
This book covers both Android 4.4 (KitKat) and Android L, but is also backwards compatible to cover the previous Android releases since Android 1.5.
- About the authors
Wallace Jackson has been writing for leading multimedia publications about his work in new media content development since the advent of Multimedia Producer Magazine nearly two decades ago, when he wrote about computer processor architectures for centerfolds (removable "mini-issue" insert) distributed at SIGGRAPH. Since then, Wallace has written for several other publications about his work in interactive 3D and new media advertising campaign design, including 3D Artist,Desktop Publishers Journal, CrossMedia, AVvideo and Kiosk Magazine.
Table of contents (17 chapters)
Setting Up Your Android App Development System
Configuring Your Android App Development System
An Introduction to the Android Application Development Platform
Introduction to XML: Defining an Android App, Its Design, and Constants
Introduction to Java: Objects, Methods, Classes, and Interfaces
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Android Apps for Absolute Beginners
- Wallace Jackson
- Copyright Holder
- Wallace Jackson
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXV, 712
- Number of Illustrations and Tables
- 522 b/w illustrations