Apress' broad range of innovative products on this site include:
What is an eBook?
- An eBook is a book in digital form, which can be read on various electronic devices. Our SpringerNature eBooks are identical to the print version.
Which eBook formats does Apress offer?
- eBooks are currently available for purchase in PDF and sometimes EPUB format.
- If an eBook is available in PDF and EPUB formats, both will become available for download upon purchase.
- Both formats can be used and read on various digital devices, including mobile phones.
- EPUB is designed for reflowable content, meaning that an EPUB reader can optimize text for a particular display automatically.
- PDF content is static; pages are displayed identically across devices.
- Apress Access is an Apress digital product for users who want immediate up-to-date access to all Apress content. You get access to each and every eBook and article Apress has published. Apress Access is a living product. That means whenever Apress publishes a new book, the product will be added.
- You can buy Apress Access for a fixed price on Apress.com and download the content on Apress.com by clicking on your eBookshelf on Apress.com.
- The period of an Apress Access is one year and ends automatically after a reminder email so that it is not automatically renewed. After this year Apress Access can be extended with a new purchase.