Apress' broad range of innovative products on this site include:
What is an eBook?
- An eBook is a book in digital form, which can be read on various electronic devices. Our SpringerNature eBooks are identical to the print version.
Which eBook formats does Apress offer?
- eBooks are currently available for purchase in PDF and sometimes EPUB format.
- If an eBook is available in PDF and EPUB formats, both will become available for download upon purchase.
- Both formats can be used and read on various digital devices, including mobile phones.
- EPUB is designed for reflowable content, meaning that an EPUB reader can optimize text for a particular display automatically.
- PDF content is static; pages are displayed identically across devices.
- Apress Access is an Apress digital product for users who want immediate up-to-date access to all Apress content. You get access to each and every eBook and article Apress has published. Apress Access is a living product. That means whenever Apress publishes a new book, the product will be added.
- You can buy Apress Access for a fixed price on Apress.com and download the content on Apress.com by clicking on your eBookshelf on Apress.com.
- The period of an Apress Access is one year and ends automatically after a reminder email so that it is not automatically renewed. After this year Apress Access can be extended with a new purchase.
- If you have purchased one of our books in print, but it would be helpful to you to have that same book in electronic format as well, you can add the eBook for 10% of the book’s list price here.