- Full Description
The Swift programming language has transformed the world of iOS development and started a new age of modern Cocoa development. This book shows you how to can harness the power and flexibility of the Swift language to apply the most important and enduring design patterns to your applications, taking your development projects to master level.
Pro Design Patterns in Swift will teach you those design patterns that have always been present at some level in your code, but may not have been recognized, acknowledged, or fully utilized. Implementation of specific pattern approaches will prove their value to any Swift developer.
Best-selling author Adam Freeman explains how to get the most from design patterns. He starts with the nuts-and-bolts and shows you everything through to advanced features, going in-depth to give you the knowledge you need.
This book brings design patterns to life and shows you how to bring structure and scale to your Swift code with a practical, no-nonsense approach.
You’ll also discover less well-known but useful patterns like memento, composite, command, and mediator.
What youll learn
- Gain a solid, practical understanding of why and when design patterns are useful
- Master classic patterns like singleton, abstract factory, chain of responsibility, and observer
- Discover less well-known patterns like memento, composite, command, and mediator
- Understand how Swift provides essential language features for writing well-structured code that is easy to understand, simple to test and readily maintainable.
- Learn how to consume the Cocoa API to implement classic design patterns
- Build on your existing programming knowledge to get up and running with design patterns in Swift quickly and effectively
Who this book is for
Any professional or aspiring iOS developer will find productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of software development enhanced by the methods and practice delivered by ProDesign Patterns in Swift.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Getting Ready
2. Understanding Design Patterns
3. Applying Patterns in Your Own Projects
4. Essential Swift Features
5. Understanding Swift Micro-Patterns
Part II – Creational Patterns
6. The Abstract Factory Pattern
7. The Builder Pattern
8. The Factory Method Pattern
9. The Prototype Pattern
10. The Singleton Pattern
Part III – Structural Patterns
11. The Adapter Pattern
12. The Bridge Pattern
13. The Composite Pattern
14. The Decorator Pattern
15. The Façade Pattern
16. The Flyweight Pattern
17. The Proxy Pattern
Part IV – Behavioral Patterns
18. The Chain of Responsibility Pattern
19. The Command Pattern
20. The Interpreter Pattern
21. The Iterator Pattern
22. The Mediator Pattern
23. The Memento Pattern
24. The Observer Pattern
25. The State Pattern
26. The Strategy Pattern
27. The Template Pattern
28. The Visitor Pattern
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published