- Full Description
As the fourth book in our series of iPhone Projects based on the work and experiences of iPhone, this volume takes on the more advanced aspects of iPhone development. The first generation of iPhone applications has hit the App Store, and now it's time to optimize performance, streamline the user interface, and make every successful iPhone app just that much more sophisticated.
Paired with Apress's bestselling Beginning iPhone Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK, you'll have everything you need to create the next great iPhone app that everyone is talking about.
- Optimize performance.
- Streamline your user interface.
- Do things with your iPhone app that other developers haven't attempted.
Along with series editor Dave Mark, your guides for this exploration of the next level of iPhone development, include:
- Ben Panda Smith, discussing particle systems using OpenGL ES
- Joachim Bondo, demonstrating his implementation of correspondence gaming in the most recent version of his chess application, Deep Green.
- Tom Harrington implementing streaming audio with Core Audio, one of many iPhone OS 3 APIs.
- Owen Goss debugging those pesky errors in your iPhone code with an eye toward achieving professional-strength results.
- Dylan Bruzenak building a data-driven application with SQLite.
- Ray Kiddy illustrating the full application development life cycle with Core Data.
- Steve Finkelstein marrying an offline e-mail client to Core Data.
- Peter Honeder and Florian Pflug tackling the challenges of networked applications in WiFi environments.
- Jonathan Saggau improving interface responsiveness with some of his personal tips and tricks, including blocks and other esoteric techniques.
- Joe Pezzillo pushing the frontiers of APNS, the new in iPhone OS 3 Apple Push Notification Service that makes the cloud the limit for iPhone apps.
- Noel Llopis taking mere programmers into a really advanced developmental adventure into the world of environment mapping with OpenGL ES.
What youll learn
- How to use Wi-Fi to do more than simply connect to the Internet.
- How to communicate with other iPhone users in real time.
- How to take advantage of all the tricks built into Cocoa touch.
- How to convert your iPhone and iPod touch apps for use in other environments.
- How to convert your other mobile apps for use with iPhone and iPod touch.
Who this book is for
All iPhone application developers with any level of experience or coming from any development platform, though this title is the natural choice after any of the other iPhone Projects books.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Particle Systems
- Chess on the Net: Correspondence Gaming with Deep Green
- Audio Streaming: An Exploration into Core Audio
- You Go Squish Now! Debugging on the iPhone
- Building Data-Driven Applications with Active Record and SQLite
- Core Data and Hard-Core Design
- Smart In-Application E-mail with Core Data and Three20
- How iTap Tackles the Challenges of Networking
- Fake It Til You Make It: Tips and Tricks for Improving Interface Responsiveness
- Demystifying the Apple Push Notification Service
- Environment Mapping and Reflections with OpenGL ES
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published