- Full Description
The ability to create and understand financial models that assess the valuation of a company, the projects it undertakes, and its future earnings/profit projections is one of the most valued skills in corporate finance. However, while many business professionals are familiar with financial statements and accounting reports, few are truly proficient at building an accurate and effective financial model from the ground up. That's why, in The Financial Modeling Handbook, Jack Avon equips financial professionals with all the tools they need to precisely and effectively monitor a company's assets and project its future performance.Based on the author's extensive experience building models in business and financeand teaching others to do the sameThe Handbook of Financial Modeling takes readers step by step through the financial modeling process, starting with a general overview of the history and evolution of financial modeling. It then moves on to more technical topics, such as the principles of financial modeling and the proper way to approach a financial modeling assignment, before covering key application areas for modeling in Microsoft Excel.
Designed for intermediate and advanced modelers who wish to expand and enhance their knowledge, The Handbook of Financial Modeling also covers:
- The accounting and finance concepts that underpin working financial models;
- How to approach financial issues and solutions from a modeler's perspective;
- The importance of thinking about end users when developing a financial model;
- How to plan, design, and build a fully functional financial model;
- And more.
A nuts-to-bolts guide to solving common financial problems with spreadsheets, The Handbook of Financial Modeling is a one-stop resource for anyone who needs to build or analyze financial models.
What youll learn
- Key financial modeling principles, including best practices, principles around calculations, and the importance of producing clean, clear financial models
- How to design and implement a projection model that allows the user to change inputs quickly for sensitivity testing
- The proper way to approach a financial modeling assignment, from project planning all the way through to the documentation of the model's findings and effectiveness
- How to model in Microsoft Excel, including how to set up an Excel environment, how to format worksheets, and the correct application of various modeling formulae
- The skills and knowledge they need to become more proficient financial modelers and differentiate themselves from their professional competitors.
Who this book is for
Written in a clear, concise manner and filled with screen grabs that will facilitate readers' comprehension of the financial modeling process, The Handbook of Financial Modeling is appropriate for intermediate to advanced financial modelers who are looking to learn how to enhance their modeling proficiency.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Financial Modeling: An Overview
- Financial Modeling Best Practices
- Modeling Functions and Tools
- Planning Your Model
- Testing and Documenting Your Model
- Designing and Building Your Model
- The Model User: Inputs
- An Introduction to Finance and Accounting for Modelers
- Managing and Evaluating a Business for Modelers
- The Implications and Rules of Accounting for Modelers
- Financial Based Calculations
- Logical and Structural Based Calculations
- How to Capture Document and Track Assumptions in Your Model
- Modeling to Give the User Transparency
- Model Testing and Auditing
- Modeling Handover Dos and Don'ts.
- Case Study: Building a Full Life Cycle Model
- Additional Tools and VBA for Financial Models
- What is the Future of Financial Modeling?
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Finance and Accounting Glossary
- Readymade Functions
- Sample Outputs
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published