- Full Description
Cloud Capacity Management helps readers in understanding what the cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS are, how they relate to capacity planning and management and which stakeholders are involved in delivering value in the cloud value chain. It explains the role of capacity management for a creator, aggregator, and consumer of cloud services and how to provision for it in a 'pay as you use model'.
This involves a high level of abstraction and virtualization to facilitate rapid and on demand provisioning of services. The conventional IT service models take a traditional approach when planning for service capacity to provide optimum services levels which has huge cost implications for service providers.
This book addresses the gap areas between traditional capacity management practices and cloud service models. It also showcases capacity management process design and implementation in a cloud computing domain using ITSM best practices. This book is a blend of ITSM best practices and infrastructure capacity planning and optimization implementation in various cloud scenarios.
Cloud Capacity Management addresses the basics of cloud computing, its various models, and their impact on capacity planning. This book also highlights the infrastructure capacity management implementation process in a cloud environment showcasing inherent capabilities of tool sets available and the various techniques for capacity planning and performance management. Techniques like dynamic resource scheduling, scaling, load balancing, and clustering etc are explained for implementing capacity management.
What youll learn
- Cloud computing and virtualization basics and models
- Cloud service delivery models and service providers value chain explained in depth
- A practical approach for capacity planning in cloud environments
- Capacity management implementation procedures and guidelines specifically designed for cloud environments
Who this book is for
This book would be of help to technical consultants involved in virtualization, capacity managers, capacity analysts, cloud architects, ITIL consultants, practitioners, cloud developers and cloud consultants.
Service level managers, technical managers, IT managers, process analyst and process consultants may also find this book helpful for guidance on the protocols involved.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Understanding Cloud Computing
2. Cloud Stakeholders and Value Chain
3. Technology that Drives the Cloud
4. Introduction to Capacity Management
5. Cloud Capacity Management
6. Capacity Planning
7. Determining Capacity Requirements for New Services
8. Capacity Management Design
9. Capacity Plan
10. Ongoing Capacity Management for Existing or Live Services
11. Capacity Monitoring
12. Capacity Analysis, Tuning, and Review
13. Capacity Management Database and Integrations
14. Capacity Management Concepts
15. Appendix A: Capacity Plan Template
16. Appendix B: Capacity Implementation Case Study
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published