- Full Description
Healthcare is changing and you need to know howand what to do about it.
Getting good medical care shouldnt be so confusingor so costly. Healthcare, Insurance, and You simplifies the many confusing details about our healthcare system so you can make informed decisions. Result? Better health at lower cost.
With the advent of healthcare reform, things are changingespecially when it comes to insurance. Most people will now have to buy insurance. Do you know where to get a policy or what to look for in one? Did you know more people will now qualify for free or subsidized healthcare? Even if you get insurance through work, you'll face new choices that you'd better understand to maintain your peace of mind. As this book shows, the failure to understand how insurance and the healthcare system work can have a major impact on your physical and financial health.
Healthcare, Insurance, and You is an easy-to-use guide that explains the main challenges you face when trying to get excellent healthcare: choosing the best insurance policy for your situation, finding the right doctor or hospital, buying prescription drugs the least expensive way, picking out the right Medicare plan, or fighting for your rights when dealing with insurers or medical providers. Healthcare, Insurance, and You includes tips, resources, and strategies for navigating the healthcare system and avoiding common mistakes so you can get the best healthcare for you, your family, or your organization without breaking the bank. This book shows you:
- How to choose a health plan that best meets your medical and financial needs, including new options under the Affordable Care Act
- Ways to cut through red tape and fight billing errors and claim denials
- What businesses need to know about offeringor not offeringinsurance to employees
- How to plan ahead for a disability or for end-of-life care
What youll learn
- The impact of the Affordable Care Act on your healthcare and your finances
- How to take advantage of new health insurance exchanges and tax credits
- How to choose a health plan that best meets your medical and financial needs
- How to advocate for yourself, fight billing errors and denied claims, and know where to turn for help
- How to choose a doctor and hospital based on quality, not hype
- How to avoid common mistakes that can cost you big--or even put you into bankruptcy
- How health reform affects businesses and how they can reduce healthcare expenditures
Who this book is for
Consumers of healthcare in the United States, including both individuals and small businesses buying coverage for employees.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- A New Healthcare System
- Buying Health Insurance on your own
- Paying for Health Insurance
- Health Insurance at Work
- Cutting Medical Costs
- Buying Prescription Drugs
- You Against the Healthcare System
- Taking Charge of Your Healthcare Future
- Consumer Assistance Programs and State Departments of Insurance
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published