- Full Description
Building XNA 2.0 Games: A Practical Guide for Independent Game Development is written by James Silva, who recently won the prestigious Microsoft Dream Build Play game competition with his awardwinning game, The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai.
Building XNA 2.0 Games: A Practical Guide for Independent Game Development is an indepth and exclusive look into the entire XNA game development process and includes the creation of a software game masterpiece. James Silva guides you through the process he took to build his awardwinning title, from concept to reality. He reveals tips and techniques for creating a polished, highquality game with very few resources, while bridging the gap between coding and art.
This title shows software developers the following:
- The creation of a polished game from start to finish
- Design philosophies
- Nextgen 2D graphics, including shaders
- Techniques for fast, fluid game play
- XACT Audio and XInput
- Eyecatching particle effects for visual stimulation
The book is packed full of code, pictures, and valuable insights into XNA game development.
What youll learn
- If you are brand new to XNA, youll see basic concepts of game development through simple exercises.
- Youll be able to follow along and see the steps taken to recreate the game that won the Microsoft Dream Build Play competition.
- Youll learn and enhance artistic skills and artistic design capabilities.
- Youll learn how to build software games that focus on the same artistic design, game play, and game flow/logic that are also found in commercial games.
- Youll become more exposed to the exciting world of software games.
Who this book is for
For anyone who has working knowledge of C# and .NET programming and either loves to build software games or is interested in seeing how to create an awardwinning game.
- Source Code/Downloads