- Full Description
Have a Google Maps mashup that youd like to expose to millions of users on maps.google.com? New to the mapping craze, but have an idea for a killer mapbased application? Want to learn how to create GeoRSS and KML feeds with your geotagged content, exposing your customer to new ways of exploring and navigating your content?
Google Maps Mashups with Google Mapplets
- Is the first book to cover Googles Mapplet technology
- Shows you how to create Google Mapsbased applications and publish to maps.google.com
- Provides a singlesource resource and practical guide to Mapplets and mashups
- Teaches you how to mash up Mapplets using locationspecific data
- Includes examples of realworld applications
What youll learnReaders will be taken through the process of building a mashup of multiple data sources and APIs, using Tourfilters concert and event data to map concerts and venue information happening nearby. Creating GeoRSS and KML files will also be covered, showing readers how to publish their content with geographic metadata and encouraging their users to interact with their data in new and interesting ways.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at developers, designers, and technologists looking to explore Googles Mapplet technology. The book will be a great resource for those just getting into Mapbased applications and mashups, as well as for seasoned Maps developers looking to reach an extended audience with their mashups on maps.google.com.
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published