- Full Description
Welcome to the world of 3D architectural visualizations using the most powerful and versatile 3D software package on the planet: 3ds Max. In just the last few years, the visualization industry has arguably become the fastest-growing 3D industry, and may soon overtake all others in total number of users. Just as the use of computer-aided design became the norm for nearly all architectural, engineering, and construction firms in the 1990s, 3D visualizations have become standard practice today.
This book takes you through the challenge of learning one of the most complex computer programs ever created, by way of easy-to-follow tutorials and instruction. It specifically focuses on those parts of the program you need to know to produce stunning architectural visualizations.
The intent is not to show you every possible way to accomplish a task, but rather some of the fastest and most efficient ways. At the end of the book, there is a guide to marketing your services, as well as 20 top tips that took the author almost 10 years to learn in a production environmentsometimes the hard way.
3ds Max is a large and complex application, but by learning just the features that apply to visualizations, you'll be learning everything you need to know to get ahead in the industry in the shortest possible amount of time.
What youll learn
- How to model an architectural scene and create stunning materials that breathe life into your projects
- How to use real-world photometric lights and global illumination to achieve photorealism
- Efficient project workflow and scene assembly
- Tips and tricks for the production environment that would take years to learn the hard way
- How to market your services to prospective clients
- Source Code/Downloads