- Full Description
ASP.NET MVC 4 Recipes is a practical guide for developers creating modern web applications, cutting through the complexities of ASP.NET, jQuery, Knockout.js and HTML 5 to provide straightforward solutions to common web development problems using proven methods based on best practices. The problem-solution approach gets you in, out, and back to work quickly while deepening your understanding of the underlying platform and how to develop with it.
Author John Ciliberti guides you through the framework and development tools, presenting typical challenges, along with code solutions and clear, concise explanations, to accelerate application development. Inside you will find recipes dealing with streamlined syntax, full control over HTML, a simple API for creating RESTful web services, writing support for test driven development, and more. Solve problems immediately by pasting in code from the recipes, or put multiple recipe solutions together to overcome challenging development obstacles.
Dive head first into ASP.NET MVC web development with ASP.NET MVC 4 Recipes.
What youll learn
- Inside find recipes that cover:
- automating testing and deployment of your application using Visual Studio 2012 and Team Foundation Server
- designing and developing your application for Internet scale
- deploying to the cloud, working with Big Data and adding resiliency to your applications components
- migrating a project from ASP.NET web forms to the MVC 4 including recipes for converting DataGrids, Forms, Web Parts, Master Pages and navigation controls
- Client side data binding and templating techniques using Web API, Knockout.js and jQuery
- using the Web API to design web services that can be consumed by mobile devices and tablets running Android, iOS, and Windows 8
Who this book is for
This book is a problem-solution guide for web developers looking for a better way to build a modern web application on the Microsoft platform.
There are several types of developers that would find this material useful:
- veteran ASP.NET Web Forms developers who wish to update their skillset to include ASP.NET MVC
- Project teams who wish to modernize an existing application to allow it to take advantage of MVC 4, .NET 4.5, and Windows Azure
- Novice web developers who are looking to expand their skill set by learning the Microsoft web development stack
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. The Need For Modern Web Applications
2. Understanding ASP.NET MVC
3. Setting Up Your Environment
4. Visual Studio 2012 Overview
5. Getting the Most from the Built-in Templates
6. Architecting Applications with ASP.NET MVC
7. Solution Design
8. Asynchronous Programming with ASP.NET MVC
9. Test-Driven Development with ASP.NET MVC 4
10. Moving From Web Forms to ASP.NET MVC
11. Creating Modern User Experiences Using jQuery, Knockout.js, and WebAPI
12. Mobile, Social, and Cloud Technologies
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published