- Full Description
LabVIEW Wireless Sensor Networks is a hands on practical guide covering the LabVIEW system design platform and development environment for the visual programming language, G, which is used for development of sophisticated tests and measurement systems in control engineering.
This book explains the basics of the graphical dataflow programming language 'G' which enables LabVIEW to handle data acquisition, instrument control, and industrial automation on a variety of platforms. This book serves as a central source of reference for wireless sensor networks research and development using LabVIEW. This book provides a thorough understanding of the environment and programming concepts used in LabVIEW and also includes step by step instructions on 'how to build projects that mimic real world scenarios'.
The book exploits the inherent potential of the development environment to demonstrate concepts like execution which are determined by the structure of a graphical block diagram (the LV-source code) on which the programmer connects different function-nodes by drawing wires. These wires propagate variables and any node can execute as soon as all its input data become available. Since this might be the case for multiple nodes simultaneously, G is inherently capable of parallel execution. Multi-processing and multi-threading hardware is automatically exploited by the built-in scheduler, which multiplexes multiple OS threads over the nodes ready for execution.
The book also demonstrates the versatile nature of LabVIEW in designing and implementing numerous real world wireless sensor networks projects, such as 'facial recognition based security system, real-time object detection and counting', which can be used by scientists and researchers and the code for those projects is housed in the source code section of the book page.
What youll learn
- A thorough understanding of the environment and programming concepts used in 'G' the language that LabVIEW is based on.
- Using the LabVIEW environment for implementing projects in WSN
- How to build projects that mimic real world scenarios
- Sound and vibration measurement toolkit
- ZnO gas sensor design
- Temperature sensitivity study and measurement
- Facial recognition based security system
- Real-time object detection and counting
- PID controller design and implementation
- Soil moisture measurement using LabVIEW
- Sending and receiving data over the Internet
- Electro cardiograph measurement
Who this book is for
- PhD candidates
- postgraduate and undergraduate students
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- The basics of G
- Introduction to LabVIEW
- LabVIEW Features
- Exception Handling
- ActiveX and Implementation
- Wireless Sensor Network
- Live Projects on Simulation Problems
- Live Projects on Real Time Problems
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published