- Full Description
Updated and expanded for the new Apple iOS 7, The Business of iOS App Development, Third Edition shows you how to incorporate marketing and business savvy into every aspect of the design and development process, giving your app the best possible chance of succeeding in the App Store.
This book and its best-selling legacy is written by experienced developers with business backgrounds, taking you step-by-step through cost-effective marketing techniques that have proven successful for professional iOS app creators—perfect for independent developers on shoestring budgets. No prior business knowledge is required.
The phenomenal success of the iPhone, iPad and the iPod touch have ushered in a "gold rush" for developers, but with well over 300,000 apps in the highly competitive App Store, it has become increasingly difficult for new apps to stand out in the crowd. Achieving consumer awareness and sales longevity for your iOS app requires a lot of organization and some strategic planning. This is the book you wish you had read before you launched your first app!
What youll learn
- Analyze your ideas and competition, and identify your audience to evaluate sales potential
- Protect your business and intellectual property and avoid potential legal hassles
- Transform your iOS app into a powerful marketing tool.
- Build synergy with in-app cross-promotion and social media, and Apple’s Game Center
- Utilize revenue-generating business models such as in-app advertising and In-App Purchase; includes extensive coverage of the iAd framework and the Store Kit API
- Improve usability and implement effective testing
- Create a pre-release buzz online with Twitter, Facebook, blogs, and a dedicated website
- Successfully navigate the App Store submission process
- Execute a post-release marketing strategy with press releases, app reviews, promotional sales and giveaways
Who this book is for
This book is for any developer looking to build a successful business selling iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad apps in Apples iTunes App Store. All the code examples included in this book can be downloaded from http://iphonebusinessbook.com/.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Seeing the Big Picture in a Crowded App Store Market Place
- Doing your homework: Analyzing App Ideas and Performing Competitive Research
- Using your Phone to perform Market Research
- Why compete in a market when you can create it?
- Protecting your Intellectual Property
- Paid or Free, that is the question
- Increasing Visibility with App Store SEO
- Get the Party Started! Creating prerelease buzz
- Going for the gold? Go Cross Platform
- Keeping up to date with the changing app store
- Selling the rights to your app
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published