- Full Description
Eclipse Rich Ajax Platform (RAP) is an innovative toolkit for developing applications that will run as rich clients as well as web applications. Eclipse Rich Ajax Platform is the first book on the new Eclipse RAP, and it introduces the required RCP and OSG/i concepts used by Eclipse RAP.
This firstPress title demonstrates the functionality and benefits of Eclipse RAP as well as shows the sweet spots of RAP, especially focusing on single sourcing RCP and web applications, which can be a huge cost saver.
This book also covers possible issues that might prevent you from successfully deploying RAP.
- Describes Eclipse RAP concepts and its underlying technology
- Explains key features of RAP
- Shows case studies where RAP works and where it wont
What youll learn
- Understand what the purpose of RAP is.
- Learn what is required to deploy RAP applications.
- Get to know how to utilize RAP features.
- Develop single sourced RCP and web applications.
- Solve issues when migrating a RCP application to RAP.
- Determine when to use RAP or when to choose a different framework.
Who this book is for
This book is suitable for IT managers, technical leads, and developers. While the focus is on concepts and understanding the technology, developers can also find insights on how to solve specific issues. For IT managers, it shows how RAP is able to save development costs, but also presents limitations of the framework. The reader is expected to have at least basic Eclipse RCP knowledge and some complementary Java or web application development experience.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Rich Clients vs. Web Clients
- Introducing Eclipse RAP
- The RAP Architecture
- Developing a RAP Application
- Single Sourcing
- Advanced RAP Features
- RAP Deployment
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published