- Full Description
Unleash your iPhone and take it to the limit using secret tips and techniques from gadget hacker Erica Sadun. Fast and fun to read, Taking Your iPod touch 4 to the Max is fully updated to show you how get the most out of Apples OS 4.
Youll find all the best undocumented tricks as well as the most efficient and enjoyable introduction to the iPhone available. Starting with an introduction to iPod touch 4 basics, youll quickly move on to discover the iPod touch's hidden potential, like how to connect to a TV, get contract-free VOIP, and hack OS 4 so it will run apps on your iPod touch.
From e-mail and surfing the Web, to using iTunes, iBooks, games, photos, ripping DVDs and getting free VOIP with Skype or Jajahyoull find it all in this book. Youll even learn tips on where to get the best and cheapest iPod touch accessories. Get ready to take your iPod touch to the max!
What youll learn
- Getting the low down on iPod touch basics
- How to email using iCal
- Surfing the Web with iPod touch using Safari
- Expanding the main menu using thirdparty software
- Using iTunes, games, iBooks, etc.
- Connecting to the TV and ripping DVDs
- Hacking OS X Leopard to run apps on the iPod touch
- Getting contractfree VOIP
- Saving on accessories and what you really need
Who this book is for
Anyone who has an iPod touch and wants to get more out of it, learn how to connect to other devices, or tinker with it.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Bringing Home the iPod Touch
- Putting Your Data and Media on the iPod Touch
- Interacting with Your iPod Touch
- Browsing with Wi-Fi and Safari
- Touching Your Photos and Videos
- Touching Your Music
- Shopping at the iTunes Store
- Shopping at the App Store
- Reading and Buying Books with iBooks
- Setting Up and Using Mail
- Staying on Time and Getting There with Clock, Calendar, and Maps
- Using Your Desk Set: Contacts, Calculator, Notes, Weather, Stocks, and Voice Memos
- Photographing and Recording the World Around You
- Video Calling with FaceTime
- Customizing Your iPod Touch
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published