- Full Description
Pro ASP.NET for SQL Server: High Performance Data Access for Web Developers explains how to use ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2005 most efficiently together. It covers all crucial performance issues and illustrates optimal techniques with enterprise-quality development.
Performance is always an issue, and optimizing database access is one of the most daunting performance challenges facing web developers. With Brennan Stehling as your guide, you'll explore the many overlaps of web and database technologies, including configuration, programming, performance tuning, and deployment. Youll learn how to make high-performance database access not just a goal, but a reality.
What youll learn
- Discover what impedes ASP.NET 2.0 access to SQL Server 2005 and how to make web applications and databases work blindingly fast together
- Learn to make the subtle choices between DataSets, DataReaders, and DataObjects, to simplify code and maximize performance
- Optimize data-bound controls and create your own
- See when a custom database provider is advisable and how to build one
- Understand how to monitor and measure web/database performance
- Learn to build, deploy, and configure enterprise-level web applications against SQL Server 2005
Who this book is for
Anyone involved in .NET web development will find this book invaluable. Whether youre struggling just to handle traffic or scaling up to meet demand, youll find all the tools, tips, and techniques you need for high-performance web access to databases. If you want to build enterprise-level web database applications 100% of the time, this book will telland showyou how to do it.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published