- Full Description
Windows Presentation Foundation is Microsofts API for creating Windows applications. It gives the programmer the ability to produce dazzling, graphicsrich programs easily without having to delve into the messy details of the graphics subsystem.
To use this power, however, the programmer must learn new concepts for laying out pages and displaying graphics. Illustrated WPF presents these concepts clearly and visuallymaking them easier to understand and retain.
What youll learn
- The important concepts underlying programming in WPF, including the visual tree, the logical tree, dependency properties, and routed events.
- The XAML markup language and how it is used to create and initialize objects in WPF. Youll also learn how XAML and C# code work together to producing stunning programs.
- How to lay out screens and graphics using WPFs various panel types, and how to achieve a consistent visual appearance throughout a program, using resources, styles, and templates.
- How to bind visual elements to data sources.
- How to perform graphics transformations to produce eyecatching displays, and how to use animation to produce pages that are alive with action.
- How to use the WPF document types for text layout and navigation.
Who this book is for
This book is for C# programmers wanting to learn to program Microsofts method of building stunning Windows programsWindows Presentation Foundation. They could be web programmers familiar with ASP.NET or programmers coming from Windows Forms. This book is designed for those who want a concise, but thorough visual presentation of the platform. It is not for those who want a long, leisurely, verbose explanation of the platform.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction To Windows Presentation Foundation
- Overview Of WPF Programming
- WPF Architecture And Applications
- Content And Controls
- Dependency Properties
- Data Binding
- Routing Events And Commands
- Other Controls And Elements
- Control Templates
- Page Navigation Programs
- More Data Binding
- Trees, Tabs, And Other Controls
- Text And Documents
- Graphics In WPF
- Audio And Video
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published