- Full Description
If youre new to C# programming, this book is the ideal way to get started. Respected author Adam Freeman guides you through the C# language by carefully building up your knowledge from fundamental concepts to advanced features.
The book gradually builds up your knowledge, using the concepts you have already grasped to support those that come next. You will explore all the core areas of the C# language and the .NET Framework on which it runs. Particular attention is paid to the creation of Web and Windows applications and data accessdanger zones where novice programmers often go awry in their early coding attempts.
Introducing Visual C# 2010 is a comprehensive primer. Even if you have no previous programming experience, you can have confidence in the fact that you'll be able to build well constructed web and Windows applications of your own once you have finished reading this book.
What youll learn
- Understand the fundamentals of the C# languages syntax and grammar and use it to create Web and Windows applications.
- What object oriented programming is and how it is used in the .NET 4 Framework to save you time and increase the languages flexibility.
- Connect to a wide range of data sources and incorporate their information into your dynamic applications.
- Understand the key time and effort saving features of C# such as generics, lambda expressions, and delegates.
- Discover the huge array of supporting technologies that .NET 4 provides such as the Windows Presentation Foundation, LINQ, Parallel Programming, ASP.NET, Silverlight and Web Services.
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for anyone who is interested in learning about Microsoft's Visual C# 2010 language. Whether you have no previous coding experience or are bringing some existing skills with you from another programming language, this book will teach you everything you need to know to confidently create your own C# programs.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with SQL Azure
- Design Considerations
- Setting Up and Configuring
- Data Migration and Backup Strategies
- Programming with SQL Azure
- OData with SQL Azure
- Reporting Services with SQL Azure
- Windows Azure and ASP.NET
- Designing for High Performance
- SQL Azure Data Sync Services
- Performance Tuning
- SQL Azure Quick Reference
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published