- Full Description
This new edition of Pro C# 5.0 and the .NET 4.5 Platform has been completely revised and rewritten to reflect the latest changes to the C# language specification and new advances in the .NET Framework. You'll find new chapters covering all the important new features that make .NET 4.5 the most comprehensive release yet, including:
- .NET APIs for Windows 8 style UI apps
- New asynchronous task-based model for async operations
- How HTML5 support is being wrapped into C# web applications
- New programming interfaces for HTTP applications, including improved IPv6 support
- Expanded WPF, WCF and WF libraries giving C# more power than ever before
This comes on top of award winning coverage of core C# features, both old and new, that have made the previous editions of this book so popular (you'll find everything from generics to pLINQ covered here).
The mission of this text is to provide you with a rock-solid foundation in the C# programming language and the core aspects of the .NET platform (assemblies, remoting, Windows Forms, Web Forms, ADO.NET, XML web services, etc.). Once you digest the information presented in these 25 chapters, you’ll be in a perfect position to apply this knowledge to your specific programming assignments, and you’ll be well equipped to explore the .NET universe on your own terms.
What youll learn
- Be the first to understand the .NET 4.5 platform and Visual C# 2012.
- Discover the ins and outs of the leading .NET technology.
- Learn from an award-winning author who has been teaching the .NET world since version 1.0.
- Find complete coverage of XAML, .NET 4.5 and Visual Studio 12 together with discussion of the new Windows Runtime.
Who this book is for
If you’re checking out this book for the first time, do understand that it's targeted at experienced software professionals or graduate students of computer science (so don't expect three chapters on iteration or decision constructs!).
It is perfect for anyone who is interested in the new .NET Framework 4.5 and the C# language. Whether you are moving to .NET for the first time or are already writing applications using previous .NET versions, this book will provide you with a comprehensive grounding in the new technology and serve as a complete reference throughout your coding career.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. The Philosophy of .NET
2. Building C# Applications
3. Core C# Programming Constructs Part I
4. Core C# Programming Constructs Part II
5. Understanding Encapsulation
6. Understanding Inheritance and Polymorphism
7. Understanding Structured Exception Handling
8. Working with Interfaces
9. Collections and Generics
10. Delegates, Events and Lambda Expressions
11. Advanced C# Language Features
12. LINQ to Objects
13. Understanding Object Lifetime
14. Building and Configuring Class Libraries
15. Type Reflection, Late Binding, and Attributes
16. Dynamic Types and Dynamic Language Runtime
17. Processes, AppDomains and Object Contexts
18. Understanding CIL and the Role of Dynamic Assemblies
19. Multithreaded, Parallel and Async Programming
20. File I/O and Object Serialization
21. ADO.NET Part I: The Connected Layer
22. ADO.NET Part II: The Disconnected Layer
23. ADO.NET Part III: The Entity Framework
24. Introducing LINQ to XML
25. Introducing Windows Communication Foundation
26. Introducing Windows Workflow Foundation
27. Introducing Windows Presentation Foundation and XAML
28. Programming with WPF Controls
29. WPF Graphical Rendering Services
30. WPF Resources, Animations and Styles
31. Dependency Properties, Routed Events and Templates
32. Introducing ASP.NET Web Forms
33. ASP.NET Web Controls, Master Pages and Themes
34. ASP.NET State Management Techniques
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published