- Full Description
The unique, visual format of Illustrated C# 2008 has been specially created by author and teacher of development methods, Daniel Solis. The concise text, use of tables to clarify language features, frequent figures and diagrams, as well as focused code samples all combine to create a unique approach that will help you understand and get to work with C# fast.
It was while teaching numerous seminars on various programming languages that the author realized the immense power that diagrams have in explaining programming language concepts. Most people learn quicker and retain information better when the material is presented in a clean, simple, visual format. To achieve this result in his book, Solis uses concise text and bulleted lists, tables to clarify and summarize language features, as well as his renowned andÂ ubiquitous figures and diagrams. Each language feature is illustrated with a concise and focused code sample for complete clarity.
Following an overview of the .NET platform and the role played by C#, youll soon move into exploring the C# language in its entirety, including all the new C# 2008 features right down to the most complex topics involved in C#. If youre a C++ or VB programmer migrating to C# 2008, this book will be invaluable; the unique visual approach offers a far from lightweight treatment of C# 2008, so even the most experienced programmers will come away with a deeper understanding of the C# language.
What youll learn
- Details of the C# 2008 language presented in a clear, concise treatment
- New features in the latest version of .NET, in the authors unique visual style
- How C# differs from and is similar to other programming languages, aiding migrating C++ and VB programmers who already know how languages work
Who this book is for
- Visual Basic programmers interested in moving to C#
- C++ programmers interested in moving to C#
- Novice programmers interested in learning C#
- Students in introductory programming classes learning C#
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published