- Full Description
The Microsoft .NET Micro Framework is a small and efficient .NET runtime environment used to run managed code on devices that are too small and resource constrained for Windows CE and the Compact Framework.
Expert .NET Micro Framework will teach you everything you need to know to use the .NET Micro Framework to create effective embedded applications. It begins with the basics of accessing hardware and networking before delving deep into the less-known areas such as cryptography and globalization, and how to use technologies such as wireless communication that are not directly supported by the .NET Micro Framework. This book is a must if you want to get as much as possible out of the .NET Micro Framework to write powerful embedded applications.
Expert .NET Micro Framework also describes how to use resources and write globalized and multilingual embedded applications. You will learn how to effectively use binary serialization to store data permanently in flash memory or exchange data with a PDA or PC. Topics like cryptography and encrypted data exchange with a .NET or Compact Framework application are covered.
What youll learn
- Get an overview of the .NET Micro Framework 3.0 and its tools.
- Explore the available devices and development kits.
- Use and write managed drivers to access the hardware components such as GPIO ports, serial ports, I2C and SPI components, network sockets, and file systems.
- Provide web services on devices with the new Device Profile for Web Services (DPWS).
- Master advanced and undocumented topics such as cryptography, secure sockets, multithreading and synchronization, binary serialization, extended weak references, execution constraints, globalization and localization using resources, and implementing a USB client.
- Write applications with a rich graphical user interface based on a mini Windows Presentation Foundation that supports touch displays and gesture input.
- Effectively extend or write hardware emulators using undocumented features of the configuration engine and emulator components.
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone with an interest in creating embedded systems. Primarily, it is written for the benefit of .NET developers with a background in C#, but it will equally appeal to hardware developers with a background in Assembler, C, or C++ who will be impressed by the benefits that managed code can bring to their devices.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing XML and the .NET Framework
- Getting Started
- Introducing the .NET Micro Framework Base Class Library
- Accessing Hardware
- Wireless Communication
- Advanced .NET Micro Framework Programming
- Resources, Globalization, and Localization
- Graphics and Graphical User Interfaces
- Hardware Emulation
- Emulator Components
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published