- Full Description
Business activity monitoring, or BAM, provides real-time business intelligence by capturing data as it flows through a business system. By using BAM, you can monitor a business process in real time and generate alerts when the process needs human intervention. Pro Business Activity Monitoring in BizTalk 2009 focuses on Microsoft's BAM tools, which provide a flexible infrastructure that captures data from Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation, .NET applications, and BizTalk Server.
This book shows why BAM is an important component of any business intelligence strategy because it bridges the gap between business intelligence and business process management.
- Part One of the book covers the basics of BAM. It teaches you how to install BAM, and then it leads you through a complete but simple project to capture data from a WCF service
- Part Two of the book describes the BAM tool set. It shows you how to define the data that is captured by BAM, wire up a BizTalk application for BAM, and view BAM data using the BAM Portal
- Part Three of the book focuses on monitoring applications written in WCF or WF. It also shows you how to use the BAM API
- Part Four of the book covers advanced topics in BAM. These topics include integrating BAM with Microsoft's BI stack, creating relationships between BAM activities, managing BAM servers, and monitoring BizTalk applications using BAM
This book contains numerous exercises to help you learn BAM. Source code for the samples is available from Apress.com.
For many CIOs, business intelligence is at the top of their priority lists. Learn why with Pro Business Activity Monitoring in BizTalk 2009.
What youll learn
- Show users what your application is doing and how their business
- Implement a BAM solution without writing any code
- Monitor applications written in WCF, WF, and BizTalk Server
- Create an observation model to define the data that BAM will collect from your application
- Use the BAM API to implement custom BAM solutions
- Manage a BAM solution
- Integrate BAM with your BI strategy and Microsoft's BI tools
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to know what's happening in their organization, right now!
Developers building WCF, WF, or BizTalk applications will learn how to monitor those applications without writing extra code. Architects will learn how to bridge service-oriented architecture, business process management, and BI. Decision makers will learn how to see what's happening inside business processes. BI specialists will learn how BAM provides real-time capabilities that supplement any BI strategy. Business users and analysts will learn how BAM allows them to understand what's happening in the business every minute of every day.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Welcome to Business Activity Monitoring!
- Installing and Configuring BAM
- Your First BAM Project
- Where BAM Fits in Your Business
- The BAM Observation Model
- The Tracking Profile Editor
- Consuming BAM Data and the BAM Portal
- Capturing Data from WCF
- Capturing Data from WF
- The BAM API
- BAM and Business Intelligence
- Relationship Advice
- Managing BAM
- Monitoring BizTalk Status Using
- Building Better BAM
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published