- Full Description
Pro SharePoint 2010 Search gives you expert advice on planning, deploying and customizing searches in SharePoint 2010. Drawing on the authors extensive experience of working with real-world SharePoint deployments, this book teaches everything you'll need to know to create well-designed SharePoint solutions that always keep the end-users experience in mind.
Increase your search efficiency with SharePoint 2010s search functionality: extend the search user interface using third-party tools, and utilize analytics to improve relevancy.
This practical hands-on book is a must-have resource for anyone looking to unlock the full potential of their SharePoint servers search capabilities.
Pro SharePoint 2010 Search empowers you to customize a SharePoint 2010 search deployment and maximize the platforms potential for your organization.
What youll learn
- Design and implement effective search crawls and indexing
- Create intuitive user interfaces, and improve search findability
- Understand how to configure core SharePoint components
- Customize SharePoints existing search functionality
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at intermediate to advanced SharePoint administrators who want to incorporate well-designed search functionality into their sites.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Overview of SharePoint 2010 Search
- Planning Your Search Deployment
- Setting Up the Crawler
- Deploying the Search Center
- The Search User Interface
- Configuring Search Settings and the User Interface
- Working with Search Page Layouts
- Searching Through the API
- Business Connectivity Services
- Relevancy and Reporting
- Search Extensions
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published