- Full Description
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 provides a collection of tools and services you can use to improve user and team productivity, make information sharing more effective, and facilitate business decisionmaking processes. In order to get the most out of SharePoint 2013, you need to understand how to best use the capabilities to support your information management, collaboration, and business process management needs. The SharePoint 2013 User's Guide is designed to provide you with the information you need to effectively use these tools.
Whether you are using SharePoint as an intranet or business solution platform, you will learn how to use the resources (such as lists, libraries, and sites) and services (such as search, workflow, and social) that make up these environments. In the fourth edition of this bestselling book, author Tony Smith walks you through the components and capabilities that make up a SharePoint 2013 environment. He provides step-by-step instructions for using and managing these elements, as well as recommendations for how to best leverage them.
The author has brought together this information based on his extensive experience working with these tools and with business users who effectively leverage these technologies within their organizations. These real-world experiences were incorporated into the writing of this book to make it easy for you to gain the knowledge you need to make the most of the product. Pick up a copy of the SharePoint 2013 User's Guide today.
What youll learn
- How to create and use common SharePoint resources like lists, libraries, sites, pages and web parts
- When and how workflows can control the flow and action of content
- How to create policies for SharePoint information management and control
- Making the most out of SharePoint search services
- How to take advantage of social capabilities to create social solutions
- and much more
Who this book is for
Whether you have not yet used SharePoint at all, have used previous versions, have just started using the basic features, or have been using it for a long of time, this book provides the skills you need to work efficiently with the capabilities SharePoint 2013 provides.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to SharePoint 2013
- Understanding Sites
- Expanding on Sites with SharePoint Server 2013
- Understanding Apps
- Lists and Libraries
- List Types
- Library Types
- Workflow and Information Management Policies
- Pages and Web Parts
- Records Management
- Social and Personalization Features
- SharePoint Metrics
- Enterprise Office Services
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published