- Full Description
Apps have taken the world by storm, and now they're taking SharePoint as well. The biggest new thing in SharePoint 2013, apps are the solution to creating custom code that runs on not just your own SharePoint deployment, but also on others' implementations as well.
Pro SharePoint 2013 App Development is your must-have guide to developing app solutions that run on the SharePoint 2013 platform. Using step-by-step tutorials, author Steve Wright creates a sample SharePoint app throughout the course of the book, and you can walk with him through the entire lifecycle of a SharePoint app.
Get expert guidance and advice on creating an app, provisioning it for use in SharePoint, securing it from unauthorized use and from other applications, integrating your app with SharePoint search and other platform features, and much more. You'll even discover how to present your app to users on mobile devices like iPads, smartphones, and Microsoft Surface tablets.
Apps in SharePoint are here to stay. Don't miss out - pick up a copy of Pro SharePoint 2013 App Development and get started on your own custom apps today.
- Introduces the architecture for creating and hosting SharePoint apps.
- Leads the reader through the creation and deployment of a complete solution.
- Provides an understanding of the security features in the SharePoint app model.
- Helps the organization leverage internal data securely over the network.
- Leverages SharePoint search and other services to create rich SharePoint solutions.
- Introduces the techniques for delivering data on a multitude of web and mobile platforms.
What youll learn
- Understand the architecture of a SharePoint App.
- Host SharePoint apps on your site or in the cloud.
- Create, deploy and manage the lifecycle of your apps.
- Secure proprietary data while leveraging it in the cloud.
- Develop modern, sophisticated user experiences.
- Access data and services from SharePoint and across the web.
- Leverage SharePoints extensive search capabilities and other service applications.
- Use SharePoint as a social computing platform.
- Present data on various platforms including Windows RT, Windows Phone and mobile web devices.
Who this book is for
Pro SharePoint 2013 App Development is for developers and IT professionals responsible for delivering solutions on the SharePoint 2013 platform. These solutions may run on-site, in the cloud or in a hybrid deployment across many locations. Pro SharePoint 2013 App Development provides the background and step-by-step introduction needed to create massively scalable SharePoint applications using standard tools like Visual Studio and web standards like HTML and JQuery. Once created, SharePoint apps can be deployed internally or sold through the Microsoft SharePoint Store across the Internet.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Introduction to SharePoint Apps
2. Creating and Deploying an App
3. Managing the App Lifecycle
4. Creating Client Side Logic using JQuery
5. SharePoint App Security
6. Business Connectivity Services
7. Web Service Access with REST and OData
8. Accessing the SharePoint Environment
9. App Logic Components
10. Developing the User Experience
11. Using SharePoint Search
12. Using SharePoints Social Features
13. Accessing SharePoint Service Applications
14. Interacting with Other App Environments
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published