- Full Description
Learn from Pro SharePoint Migration on how to migrate your existing farm - infrastructure, upgrade approaches, code, branding, and impact of new features of SharePoint 2010 - in a strategic way that results in smooth transition. Noted author Sahil Malik, with Srini Sistla, work together to provide detailed strategies and tools to assess, plan and execute a SharePoint 2010 migration that is efficient and cost-effectiveand that doesn't use expensive third-party software.
The "clean slate" approach embraced by this book, coupled with flexible tools designed by Microsoft and the author, will provide you with the statistics, charts, and diagrams necessary to perform a meaningful assessment of your current SharePoint 2007 environment. You'll then be able to plan the lowest-cost, least-hassle way to migrate your current environment, and its applications and data, to SharePoint 2010, and how to map your existing use of SharePoint 2007 to the new features and enhancements in SharePoint 2010.
Pro SharePoint Migration will help you:
- Gain a better understanding of high level comparison and changes you need to learn between the two versions
- To migrate or not? Learn about new functionality that might replace your existing custom built code or non-code based solutions.
- Build a strong toolset to create, update, administer, and migrate 90% of the most commonly used SharePoint objects
- Grasp the intricacies of the SharePoint 2010 application programming interface (API)
- Become a better SharePoint 2010 administrator in your newly-migrated environment
What youll learn
- A high level comparison of MOSS 2007 and SharePoint 2010, asking what's new
- Available supported and unsupported upgrade choices
- Migration strategies to minimize disruption
- Strategies for migrating old settings to new
- Changes to security model, lists, libraries, and more
- Visual changes, the impact on branding, and how to address overall branding artifacts
- Statistics, monitoring and usage analysis of existing and new farms
- Learn about ribbon changes and customizations
- A discussion of being a savvy business user developer, using SharePoint designer 2010 and InfoPath 2010
- Overview of new changes and enhancements to enterprise content management features
- Changes to SharePoint APIs
Who this book is for
Pro SharePoint Migration is for intermediate to advanced SharePoint administrators, and developers who are interested in migrating from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010 without third-party software.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Differences in SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010
- The Upgrade Process and Decisions
- Migration for the IT Administrator
- Migration for the Branding and Design Folks
- Migration for the Developer
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published