- Full Description
The Windows Phone 7 platform provides a remarkable opportunity for Windows developers to create state-of-the-art mobile applications using their existing skills and a familiar toolset. For iOS and Android developers, this book provides the right level of content to help developers rapidly come up to speed on Windows Phone. Pro Windows Phone 7 Development will help you unlock the potential of this platform and create dazzling, visually rich, and highly functional applications for the Windows Phone Marketplace.
For developers new to the Windows Phone 7 platform, whether .NET, iPhone, or Android developers, this book starts by introducing you to the features and specifications of the Windows Phone series, and then leads you through the complete application development process. You'll learn how to use Microsoft technologies like Silverlight, .NET, the XNA Framework, Visual Studio, and Expression Blend effectively, how to take advantage of the available sensors such as the location service, accelerometer, and touch, make your apps location-aware using GPS data, utilize the rich media capabilities of the Windows Phone series, and much more. Finally, you'll receive a full tutorial on how to publish and sell your application through the Windows Phone Marketplace.
What youll learn
- Discover the specifications and capabilities of Windows Phone series phones and how to harness the power in your applications
- Understand how the Windows Phone relates to Silverlight, .NET, the XNA Framework, Visual Studio, and Expression Blend and how to use those tools most effectively to develop phone apps
- Learn how to develop applications take advantage of the available sensors such as the location service, accelerometer, and touch gestures
- Develop rich media applications that harness the graphics capabilities of Windows Phone models
- Understand the correct way to design and develop Windows Phone 7 applications utilizing the Model-View-ViewModel architecture
- Step through the process of publishing your application to the Windows Phone Marketplace
Who this book is for
If you're a .NET developer, this book is primarily for youyou're eager to learn how to use their existing skills to develop for the new Windows Phone 7 platform. If you're an iOS or Android developer, this is an ideal guide for you to learn how to expand the market for your existing applications. This does assume some knowledge of C#, managed code in general, and a basic level of familiarity with Visual Studio.
Software developers proficient in other languages will also find this book helpful to get up to speed with developing Silverlight- and .NET-based Windows Phone applications.
Anyone with a curiosity about creating Windows Phone applications, or the platform itself, will find many interesting pages in this book.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Windows Phone 7 and Marketplace
- Silverlight User Interface Development
- Handling Input on Windows Phone 7
- Windows Phone 7 Programming Model
- Windows Phone 7 Advanced UI Development
- Windows Phone 7 Advanced Programming Model
- Building 2D Games with the XNA Framework
- Advanced XNA Framework Development
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page eBook location 2758:
Figure 2-39 - Image shows WP7 icons but caption refers to "Individual Keyframe Editor"