- Full Description
Windows Phone 8 Recipes is a problem-solution based guide to the Windows Phone 8 platform. Recipes are grouped according to features of the platform and ways of interacting with the device. Solutions are given in C# and XAML, so you can take your existing .NET skills and apply them to this exciting new venture.
The book starts by guiding you through the setup of your development environment, including links to useful tools and resources. Core chapters range from coding live tiles and notifications to interacting with the camera and location sensor. Later chapters cover external services including Windows Azure Mobile Services, the Live SDK, and the Microsoft Advertising SDK, so you can take your app to a professional level. Finally, you'll find out how to publish and maintain your app in the Windows Phone Store.
- Not sure how to get started? No need to worry, theres a recipe for that!
- Always wondered what it takes to add cool features like gesture support, maps integration, or speech recognition into your app? We've got it covered!
- Already have a portfolio of Windows Phone 7 apps that needs to be upgraded? We have a recipe for that too!
Whether you're migrating from Windows Phone 7 or starting from scratch, Windows Phone 8 Recipes has the code you need to bring your app idea to life.
What youll learn
- Set up your development environment with the Windows Phone 8 SDK.
- Upgrade your existing Windows Phone 7 apps to Windows Phone 8.
- Meet and try out the new features provided in the Windows Phone 8 SDK.
- Bring your apps to life with live tiles, notifications, and cloud services.
- Discover the easy steps to setting up your own Windows Phone Store account.
- Learn how to submit your apps for publication to the Windows Phone Store.
Who this book is for
Windows Phone 8 Recipes is for the developer who has a .NET background, is familiar with C# and either WPF or Silverlight, and is ready to tap into a new and exciting market in mobile app development.
- Table of Contents
Table of ContentsChapter 1: Introduction to the Windows Phone SDK
Chapter 2: Multi-Resolution Support and Basic User Interface Components
Chapter 3: Gestures
Chapter 4: Live Tiles and Lock Screen
Chapter 5: Background Agents and Notifications
Chapter 6: Appointments and Contacts
Chapter 7: Camera, Photos, and Media
Chapter 8: Maps, Location, and Routing
Chapter 9: Communications and Speech
Chapter 10: Launching and Resuming Apps
Chapter 11: Data Storage
Chapter 12: Windows Azure Mobile Services
Chapter 13: Using the Microsoft Live SDK
Chapter 14: Publishing your App
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published