- Full Description
The Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (formerly code-named "Avalon") is a key part of .NET 3.0 and provides the foundation for building applications and high-quality user experiences in Windows Vista. WPF blends together application user interface, documents, and media content, while exploiting the full power of your computer.
WPF functionality extends support for Tablet PCs and other forms of input device, and provides a more modern imaging and printing pipeline. It also provides accessibility and user interface automation infrastructure, data-driven user interface and visualization, and even integration points for weaving the application experience into the Windows shell.
Pro WPF: Windows Presentation Foundation in .NET 3.0 covers WPF from installation to application design and implementation to deployment. One of the most detailed books on WPF technology, it provides you with the no-nonsense, practical advice you need in order to build high-quality WPF applications quickly and easily. It also digs into the more advance aspects of WPF and how they relate to the other elements of the WinFX stack and the .NET Framework 2.0.
What youll learn
- WPF basics: XAML, layout, control essentials, and data flow
- WPF applications: navigation, commands, localization, and deployment
- Advanced controls: custom controls, menus, toolbars, and trees
- WPF documents: text layout, printing, and document packaging
- Graphics and multimedia: drawing shapes, sound and video, animation, geometric transformations, and imaging
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published