- Full Description
Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation provides the foundation for building applications and highquality user experiences in Windows Vista. WPF blends application user interface, documents, and media content to provide richer control, design, and development of the visual aspects of Windows programs.
Author Matthew MacDonald shows you how WPF really works. His nononsense, practical advice will get you building highquality WPF applications quickly and easily. MacDonald will take you through a thorough investigation of the more advanced aspects of WPF, and its relation to other elements of the WinFX stack and the .NET Framework 3.5, to complete your understanding of WPF and VB 2008.
WPFs functionality extends to support for tablet PCs and other forms of input device, and provides a more modern imaging and printing pipeline, accessibility andÂ user interfaceÂ automation infrastructure, datadrivenÂ user interfaceÂ and visualization, as well as the integration points for weaving the application experience into the Windows shell.
What youll learn
- WPF basics: XAML, layout, control essentials, and data flow
- WPF applications: Navigation, commands, localization, and deployment
- Advanced controls: Custom controls, menus, toolbars, and trees
- WPF documents: Text layout, printing, and document packaging
- Graphics and multimedia: Drawing shapes, sound and video, animation, geometric transformations, and imaging
Who this book is for
Developers encountering WPF and .NET 3.5 for the first time in their professional lives.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published