- Full Description
Today's Android apps developers are often running into the need to refine, improve and optimize their apps performances. As more complex apps can be created, it is even more important for developers to deal with this critical issue.
Android allows developers to write apps using Java, C or a combination of both with the Android SDK and the Android NDK. Pro Android Apps Performance Optimization reveals how to fine-tune your Android apps, making them more stable and faster. In this book, you'll learn the following:
- How to optimize your Java code with the SDK, but also how to write and optimize native code using advanced features of the Android NDK such as using ARM single instruction multiple data (SIMD) instructions (in C or assembly)
- How to use multithreading in your application, how make best use of memory and how to maximize battery life
- How to use to some OpenGL optimizations and to Renderscript, a new feature in Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) and expanded in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
After reading and using this book, you'll be a better coder and your apps will be better-coded. Better-performing apps mean better reviews and eventually, more money for you as the app developer or your indie shop.
What youll learn
- How to optimize your applications in Java
- How to optimize your applications using the NDK
- How to best use memory to maximize performance
- How to maximize battery life
- How and when to use multi-threading
- How to benchmark and profile your code
- How to optimize OpenGL code and use Renderscript
Who this book is for
Android developers already familiar with Java and Android SDK, who want to go one step further and learn how to maximize performance.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Optimizing Java code
- Getting started with the Android NDK
- Using advanced NDK features
- Using memory efficiently
- Multithreading and synchronization
- Benchmarking and profiling your application
- Maximizing battery life
- OpenGL optimizations
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 4:"Tip Use android:vmSafeMode in your application’s manifest to enable or disable the JIT compiler."
Perhaps understood, but *enabling* safe mode will *disable* JIT.