- Full Description
Pro Express.js is for the reader who wants to quickly get up-to-speed with Express.js, the flexible Node.js framework. Author Azat Mardanov clearly explains how to start developing with Express.js with a basic 'Hello World', and then delves into a deep API reference, before looking at common and abstract development problems. Lastly, you will learn how to build a series of real-world apps in order to cement your knowledge.
In order to get the best from this book, you will be familiar with Node.js scripts and able to install packages using npm. In the deep API reference, each aspect of the Express.js API is explained clearly with a simple exercise to demonstrate its usage. This includes configuration, settings and environments; different middleware and its uses; templating engines; extracting parameters and routing; request and response; error handling; and running an app. In the next part you'll delve into abstraction, streams, authentication, multithreading, Socket.io, security, and more complex modules. You will also learn about smaller frameworks built using Express.js, such as Sails.js, and Derby. Finally you'll build real-world apps including a REST API, Todo App, and Instagram gallery.
Express.js is used by a range of well-known companies such as MySpace and Storify, and it's becoming more and more likely that it'll be a required skill for new developers. With this book you can skip learning via complicated documentation, and get the information from a developer who's been using Express.js for long enough to explain things well. Add Pro Express.js to your library today.
What youll learn
- How to start using Express.js efficiently.
- How each feature of Express.js actually works, from config to routing, and more.
- What frameworks have been built using Express.js and why you might use them in your work.
- How to apply Express.js to real-world projects.
Who this book is for
This book is for the reader who is familiar with Node.js and can install packages with npm. They want to learn Express.js and quickly understand each feature of the API, in order to use it efficiently in their everyday development.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Part One: Getting Started
1. Starting with Express.js
2. ‘Hello World’ Example
Part Two: Deep API Reference
3. Configuration, Settings and Environments
4. Working with Middleware
5. Templating Engines and Consolidate.js
6. Extracting Parameters and Routing
7. Request Handlers, Request, Response and Streams
8. Error Handling and Running an App
Part Three: Solving Common and Abstract Problems
10. Using Databases in Modules
12. Multithreading with Clusters
13. Stylus, LESS, and SASS
14. Security, Keys, Passwords, and Authentication
17. Sails.js, Derby and Other Framework Usage
Part Four: Tutorials and Examples
18. Instagram Gallery
19. Todo App
20. REST API
23. Appendix A: Related Reading and Resources
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published