- Full Description
Developers are racing to discover how to develop for Windows Phone 7and there is no quicker resource to help you get up to speed than Windows Phone 7 Recipes. This book covers all aspects of development, configuration, testing, and distribution, with detailed code samples and rapid walkthroughs to support you every step of the way.
You'll find recipes that unlock advanced user interface development, data storage and retrieval, integration with cloud services, adding media and location-based services, and working with Silverlight and Expression Blend. Learn to use sensors such as the camera, GPS, and accelerometer to build cutting-edge applications. Manage the new way to interact with applications using the gestures library both from the XNA Framework library and the Silverlight Windows Phone Toolkit library.
What youll learn
- How to design, develop, test and distribute your Windows Phone applications.
- To create compelling user interfaces using Silverlight and Expression Blend
- Understand how to work with device data using isolated storage, LINQ, and XML serialization
- How your application can be extended into the cloud using push notifications and web-based services.
- To distribute your application for sale using the Windows Phone Marketplace
Who this book is for
Existing .NET and Windows Mobile developers will discover that this is just the book for them. Developers moving to Windows Phone 7 programming from other areas, such as iOS development, will also find its quick-reference format especially valuable.
Put a professional polish on your Windows Phone 7 development with Windows Phone 7 Recipes!
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Developing Windows Phone 7 Applications
- Windows Phone 7 Execution Model
- The User Interface
- The User Interface With Expression Blend
- Media Management
- Isolated Storage
- In the Cloud
- Testing Windows Phone 7 Applications
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published