- Full Description
For all the work and time invested in using LDAP, not enough time has been spent designing the layout and the logic of directories. End users and system architects often do not give appropriate attention to the deployment of LDAP as a standards-based system with interfacing ability. Thus, many of LDAPs best featuresespecially OpenLDAPbecome unusable.
As a remedy, Deploying OpenLDAP delves into the logic, theories and fundamentals of directories. The text focuses on open standards, rather than proprietary systems, which are expensive and incompatible with other systems. If you already know advanced programming implementation, but don't fully understand how all pieces fit together, then this book will go beyond explaining what is, and instead show you how to.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Assessing Your Environment
- Understanding Data Definitions
- Implementing Deployment, Operations, and Administration Strategies
- Installing OpenLDAP
- Implementing OpenLDAP
- Scripting and Programming LDAPÂ
- Integrating at the System Level
- Integrating OpenLDAP with Applications, User Systems, and Client Tools
- Source Code/Downloads