- Full Description
Expert SharePoint 2010 Practices is a valuable compendium of best practices, tips, and secrets straight from the most knowledgeable SharePoint gurus in the industry.
Learn from the experts as you dive into topics like multitenancy, solution deployment, business intelligence, and administration. Our team of carefully chosen contributors, most with Microsoft's Most Valuable Professional (MVP) designation bestowed upon them, shares with you the secrets and practices that have brought them success in a wide variety of SharePoint scenarios.
Each contributor is passionate about the power of SharePoint and wants to help you leverage the capabilities of the platform in your business—but in the proper way. Go beyond procedures and manuals, and benefit from hundreds of years of combined experience, which the authors of Expert SharePoint 2010 Practices provide in these pages.
Learn from the masters and take control of SharePoint 2010 like you never have before with Expert SharePoint 2010 Practices!
What youll learn
- How to design and architect public-facing SharePoint sites
- Best practices for building business applications with SharePoint Foundation 2010
- How to bridge the Office-SharePoint gap that exists in many organizations
- Best practices around solution deployment in SharePoint 2010
Who this book is for
Expert SharePoint 2010 Practices is a book geared toward professional (that is, intermediate- to advanced-level) solution developers, administrators, and architects. Each chapter will stand alone, so all audiences will find valuable advice and reference within the text. Readers should be familiar with SharePoint in their respective capacities and have more than a beginner-level understanding of its features and capabilities.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Bridging the Office-SharePoint Gap
- Leveraging Content Types
- Automating Document Assembly
- Practical Document Management with SharePoint 2010
- Forms Services and InfoPath
- The SharePoint 2010 Client Object Model
- Extending SharePoint Using Event Receivers
- Touch Points: Integrating SharePoint 2010 and ASP.NET
- Client-Side Programming
- SharePoint and Windows Phone 7 Development
- SharePoint Solution Deployment
- Business Intelligence
- Business Connectivity Services
- Designing Mashups with Excel and Visio
- Tips, Tricks, and Traps
- PerformancePoint Services
- Public-Facing SharePoint Sites
- Claims-Based Authentication in SharePoint 2010
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published