- Full Description
Learn Raspberry Pi Programming with Python will show you how to program your nifty new $35 computer to make a web spider, a weather station, a media server, and more. You'll learn how to program in Python on your Raspberry Pi with hands-on examples and fun projects.
Even if you're completely new to programming in general, you'll figure out how to create a home security system, an underwater photography system, an RC plane with a camera, and even a near-space weather balloon with a camera.
You'll learn how to make a variety of fun and even useful projects, from a web bot to search and download files to a toy to drive your pets insane. You'll even learn how to use Pi with Arduino as well as Pi with Gertboard, an expansion board with an onboard ATmega microcontroller.
What youll learn
- Raspberry Pi and electronics basics
- Quick intro to Linux
- Python basics to get you started on a set of projects
- How to make a variety of Pi and Python projects, including servers and gadgets with cameras
- How to use Pi with Arduino and Gertboard
Who this book is for
Readers who want to learn Python on a fun platform like the Pi and pick up some electronics skills along the way. No programming or Linux skill required, but a little experience with Linux will be helpful.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Introducing the Raspberry Pi
2. Linux by the Seat of Your Pants
3. Introducing Python
4. Electronics at 100mph
5. The WebBot
6. The Weather Station
7. The Media Server
8. The Home Security System
9. The Cat Toy
10. The Radio-controlled Airplane
11. The Weather Balloon
12. The Submersible
13. The Gertboard
14. The Raspberry Pi and the Arduino
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published