- Full Description
Linux users can now control their homes remotely! Are you a Linux user who has ever wanted to turn on the lights in your house, or open and close the curtains, while away on holiday? Want to be able to play the same music in every room, controlled from your laptop or mobile phone? Do you want to do these things without an expensive off-the-shelf kit?
In Smart Home Automation with Linux, Steven Goodwin will show you how a house can be fully controlled by its occupants, all using open source software. From appliances to kettles to curtains, control your home remotely!
What youll learn
- Control appliances like kettles and curtains both locally and remotely.
- Find and harness data sources to provide context-aware living.
- Hack/change existing hardware/software to better fit your needs.
- Integrate various technologies into a function greater than the whole.
- Set up a home network, for both network and audio/video traffic.
Who this book is for
This book is for amateur and professional Linux users who want to control their homes and their gadgets!
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Appliance Control
- Appliance Hacking
- Media Systems
- Home is Home
- Data Sources
- Control Hubs
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published