- Full Description
Practical Neo4j provides an in-depth look into why developers at places like Facebook and Twitter have increasingly turned to graph databases to manage their highly connected, big data. The book guides you through the background and basics of graphs and gets you quickly up and running with Neo4j. It will walk you through the data modeling stages for projects such as social networks, recommendation engines and geo-based applications. The book also dives into the configuration steps as well as the language options used to create your Neo4j-backed applications.
Neo4j runs some of the largest connected datasets in the world, and developing with it offers you a fast, flexible and proven database option. Using Practical Neo4j, you will learn how to harness that power and create elegant solutions that address complex data problems.
- Walks you through the basics of graph databases
- Demonstrates how to configure and maintain Neo4j
- Provides a working example of a Neo4j-based application using an array of language of options
What youll learn
- The basics of graph databases, why you need them & how they compare to other databases.
- How to install, configure and tune Neo4j.
- How to model your graph.
- How to read and write to Neo4j.
- How to import data into Neo4j from other data sources.
- How to develop a Neo4j-based application using various languages.
Who this book is for
Practical Neo4j is for technology professionals who are known as "full-stack" developers and often tasked with not only modeling but also creating and maintaining the applications for their respective startups or established organizations. It’s a concise guide for the busy developer who has a notion of the importance of graph databases but needs practical examples that apply to his or her chosen language and applications’ needs. Practical Neo4j is for the technical and data architects who are looking for an alternative to take their "graphy" data models from relational databases to a faster, more efficient option like Neo4j. It is a great resource for data analysts or data scientists, such as researchers and academics in the field of bioinformatics, who seek a better understanding of the connections between existing, large and diverse datasets.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Introduction to Graphs
2. Up and Running with Neo4j
7. Performance and Tuning
8. Neo4j in the Cloud
9. Extending Neo4j
10. Using Neo4j + .Net
11. Using Neo4j + PHP
12. Using Neo4j + Python
13. Using Neo4j + Ruby
14. Using Neo4j + Spring Data
15. Using Neo4j + Java API
16. Appendix A: Plugins & Resources for Neo4j
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published