- Full Description
- Written for the budding web developer searching for a powerful, low-cost solution for building flexible, dynamic web sites.
- Essentially three books in one: provides thorough introductions to the PHP language and the MySQL database, and shows you how these two technologies can be effectively integrated to build powerful websites.
- Provides over 500 code examples, including real-world tasks such as creating an auto-login feature, sending HTML-formatted e-mail, testing password guessability, and uploading files via a web interface.
- Updated for MySQL 5, includes new chapters introducing triggers, stored procedures, and views.
What youll learn
- Install and configure Apache, PHP, and MySQL on both Windows and Linux.
- Accept and process information submitted via HTML forms.
- Authenticate users and track user preferences and data using PHP's session-handling capabilities.
- Process web-based file uploads using the HTTP_Upload PEAR package.
- Create your own RSS aggregator using Magpie, and process XML files in amazingly efficient fashion using SimpleXML.
- Use both command-line and graphical MySQL clients to effectively manage your data.
- Secure the MySQL server, creating roles and restricting access even at very granular levels.
- Effectively integrate PHP and MySQL to create dynamic, data-driven web applications.
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.On page Chapter 13:<?php
function create_dropdown($identifier, $pairs, $firstentry,$multiple="", $key="")
$dropdown = "<select name=\"$identifier\" multiple=\"$multiple\">";
$dropdown .= "<option name=\"\">$firstentry</option>";
foreach($pairs AS $value => $name)
$dropdown .= ($value == $key) ?
"<option name=\"$value\" selected=\"selected\">$name</option>" :
The create_dropdown and create_dropdown-2 function:
The code in the closing tag "</select>" should be:
and not: echo "</select>"; because this causes an unwanted result in the page.
Many thanks and More power!
On page 85:
In "The break and goto statements", I believe the code does not match the last output "Prime number found:".
There is no printf for "Prime number found" in the code.