- Full Description
Beginning PHP and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition covers every step of the design and building process involved in creating powerful, extendable ecommerce web sites. Based around a realworld example involving a web site selling tshirts, youll learn how to create and manage a product catalog, build and integrate a shopping cart, and process customer accounts and PayPal/credit card transactions.
With the ecommerce framework in place, authors Emilian Balanescu and Cristian Darie show you how to integrate advanced features sure to set your web site apart from the competition. Youll learn how to expand your catalog using Amazon Web Services, optimize the web site for the search engines, and take advantage of Ajax to build an even more userfriendly shopping cart.
- The authors show you how to build a complex, extendable ecommerce web site using sound development practices
- This second edition has been updated to take advantage of a more flexible templating system, and new chapters cover Ajax integration and search engine optimization
- The text goes beyond basic product and customer management, showing you how to integrate product reviews, process payments using both credit cards and PayPal, and expand your web site catalog using thirdparty services such as Amazons affiliate program
What youll learn
- Build an extensible ecommerce web site using sound development techniques
- Increase sales through proven techniques such as crossselling, upselling, and enhancing customer service offerings
- Expand your product and service offerings by integrating with reseller programs such as Amazon Affiliates via XML web services
- Take advantage of search engine optimization techniques to make your web site more easy to find
Who this book is for
This book was written for individuals seeking to build ecommerce web sites using the PHP language and MySQL database.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published