- Full Description
System administrators need libraries of solutions that are ingenious but understandable. They dont want to reinvent the wheel, but they dont want to reinvent filesystem management either! Expert Shell Scripting is the ultimate resource for all working Linux, Unix, and OS X system administrators who would like to have short, succinct, and powerful shell implementations of tricky system scripting tasks.
- Automating small to medium system management tasks
- Analyzing system data and editing configuration files
- Scripting Linux, Unix, and OS X applications using bash, ksh, et al.
What youll learn
- Debug shell scripts using existing debuggers, not inspection.
- Use and extend textediting oneliners and learn to forget Perl.
- Manage files and filesystems using scripting, not inflexible utilities.
- Use scripts to build complete Linux systems.
- Script X Window without getting lost in configuration files.
- Ignore Python, and script in bash and ksh instead.
Who this book is for
System administrators who need solutions to everyday problems.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published