- Full Description
SugarCRM is a leading open-source customer relations management tool and development platform with nearly 5.5 million downloads, nearly 17,000 developers, and lots more users.
The Definitive Guide to SugarCRM is the first official SugarCRM book available to developers and users. This definitive book begins with a discussion of the SugarCRM platform components, namely MVC, Studio, Module Builder, authentication, and themes.
Next, you'll learn how to customize the modules SugarCRM comes with out of the box in an upgrade-safe manner. The text then presents an example application that a typical business might use and shows how to build it using SugarCRM, using both existing functionality as well as newly added functionality.
What youll learn
- Understand how the SugarCRM platform works
- Customize the modules that come with SugarCRM
- Build new modules and functionality into SugarCRM
- Explore MVC architecture, users/authentication, built-in modules, and other platform features
- Use SugarCRM Studio for customizations, logic hooks, and overriding existing code
- Build on top of SugarCRM using Module Builder, custom modules, and existing/custom modules mashups
- Design a complete application
Who this book is for
Any business application developers and consultants looking to build or deploy a custom business application. CIOs and IT administrators will also be interested.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- What Is SugarCRM?
- MVC Architecture
- Metadata Layer
- Web Services
- More Platform Features
- Easy Customizations Using Studio
- Workflows and Logic Hooks
- Overriding Existing Code
- Using Module Builder to Build Custom Modules
- Building a Custom Module Manually
- Designing a Complete Application
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published