- Full Description
Beginning Django E-Commerce guides you through producing an e-commerce site using Django, the most popular Python web development framework. Topics covered include how to make a shopping cart, a checkout, and a payment processor; how to make the most of Ajax; and search engine optimization best practices. Throughout the book, you'll take each topic and apply it to build a single example site, and all the while you'll learn the theory behind what you're architecting.
- Build a fully functional e-commerce site.
- Learn to architect your site properly to survive in an increasingly competitive online landscape with good search engine optimization techniques.
- Become versed in the Django web framework and learn how you can put it to use to drastically reduce the amount of work you need to do to get a site up and running quickly.
What youll learn
- Understand Django best practices for architecting a web site that will eventually be put into production.
- Leverage Django templates to maintain a consistent look and feel across your site.
- Learn search engine optimization best practices with search enginefriendly URLs, metatags, and an auto-generated Google site map.
- Follow best practices for security so the bad guys don't get control of your site or compromise your data.
- Learn about developing and deploying your Python code on the Google App Engine.
- Construct an enterprise-level shopping cart application that can actually receive payments from Authorize.net and PayPal.
Who this book is for
This book is for programmers looking to learn how to quickly and effectively leverage the Django web framework to build lightweight, powerful web sites. While the book is aimed at developers interested in creating e-commerce sites, the topics covered apply to any other site you might build with Django. You'll learn how to optimize your site for search engines, secure your pages to thwart hackers, and deploy your site into productionall with Django. Along the way, you'll build a fully functional e-commerce module that will have you up and selling stuff on the web in no time!
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Best Laid Plans
- Creating a Django Site
- Models for Sale
- The Shopping Cart
- Site Checkout & Orders
- Creating User Accounts
- Product Images
- Implementing Product Search
- Intelligent Cross-Selling
- Adding in Ajax
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Security Overview
- Improving Performance
- Django Testing
- Django on Google App Engine
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 155:
has a typo, it should be:
with a dot instead of the apostrophe